Last Saturday, I spent the day with gardening enthusiasts and Master Gardeners for a full schedule of gardening info and hands-on fun. It was my second year attending this green-thumb extravaganza; and, once again, I came home with my head spinning from all the knowledge I gained.
I took pages and pages of notes that I can’t wait to share with you next week. Today, I’ll share with you all the goodies I took home with me. I had to make two trips to my car because I couldn’t carry it all!
- Free Soil Test by Clemson University- I brought a bag of soil made up of a scoop of each of my 20 raised beds (mixed together well). I’m looking forward to comparing the results to last year’s test. I should have the results in about 10 days.
- A small bag of wild bird seed from Wild Birds Unlimited (plus a 20% off coupon to their store)
- A package of Snapdragon seeds
- A GardenSoxx filled with Palmetto Supreme Organic Compost
Here’s a picture of the vendor’s set up with the GardenSoxx – some with plants growing in them.
- A small worm-composting bin filled with compost, food, and red worms. (I didn’t take a picture of it as it was a plastic tub with holes I drilled in it.)
- A bluebird birdhouse with a succulent garden on top. The house was mostly built, but I added the garden on top. Here’s mine:
- Another small bag of wild bird seed from Wild Birds Unlimited
- A large rain gauage
- A beautiful shade-loving plant. (I just wish I knew what this was. If you know, please comment below.)
How’s that for some garden seminar booty?
Come back next week for the other good stuff ~ all the info I learned!