Ever have left over rotisserie chicken and wonder what to do with it? It’s not enough to serve your family on its own, yet its too much to throw away? My beau and I came up with this recipe last summer, using leftover rotisserie chicken and the abundance of cubanelle peppers my garden gave me. This was delicious! The recipe is definitely a keeper!
STUFFED CUBANELLE PEPPERS
Amounts are not given below because it depends on the amount of chicken you have left over and the number of peppers you have.
- Cubanelle peppers with tops cut off and seeds carefully removed
- Left over rotisserie chicken, shredded (or 1 large can of chicken)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced fine
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs – enough to bind ingredients together
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Spray oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet or baking pan with oil.
2. Mix chicken, onion, parmesan cheese, egg, and spices together. Add bread crumbs, mixing well, until the mixture will hold together when stuffing the peppers.
3. Carefully stuff the peppers with mixture and lay on cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until peppers are soft but before they start to brown.
Serve with rice or couscous.
Note: The longer you leave the cubanelle peppers on the vine, the spicier they are. A spicy cubanelle pepper makes this recipe even better!