There’s nothing I like better than my mother’s Italian Bean Salad in the summer time. What makes it over-the-top good is using beans from my own garden!
ITALIAN BEAN SALAD
- 1 can green beans (or 1 lb cooked green beans from the garden)
- 1 can yellow/wax beans (or 1 lb cooked wax beans from the garden)
- 1 can light red kidney beans (or 1 lb cooked kidney beans)
- 1/6 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 tsp sugar
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine beans in a bowl with cover.
2. Mix dressing ingredients well and pour over beans. Cover and refrigerate overnight so the flavors meld. Mix again before serving.
Enjoy as a dinner side dish, a lunch main dish, or take to a barbeque or cookout!